We found that in these sectors future scenarios for identity management show three forms of human interaction that will need identification or authentication.
- between individuals (blue circle)
- between individuals and organisations (grey circle)
- and to give individuals access to their possessions and or/spaces (‘objects’) (pink circle).
In addition, these scenarios present three different instruments to introduce ourselves (identify) and prove who we are (authenticate)
- Based on knowledge or memory (e.g. pincodes, passwords);
- Based on tokens (e.g. passports, customercards, smart phones);
- Based on body features (e.g. biometrics, implants).
The combination of interactions and instruments produces nine mother scenarios, that together constitute a ‘field’ of representation and premediation. All nine of them have positive, optimistic and negative, pessimistic varieties.
Click on one of the concentric circles to find out what the future has in hold